ocated directly on the Ghost Town Hiking and Biking Trail, Rexis Branch, Red Mill is almost a ghost town. The old Red Mill, built by John Duncan in 1828, operated until about 1912. Located on the north branch of Blacklick Creek, all that remains is the millrace. Large hand-hewn beams with wooden pegs, like the type used in the mill, are loacted by the Red Mill historic marker. The Red Mill Bridge is one of the few iron-truss bridges still standing in rural Cambria County. The single-span, measuring 100 feet, was built about 1890 by the Variety Iron Works, Cleveland, Ohio, to carry wagons and pedestrians across Blacklick Creek. Remaining are the stone office, large bins, and three of the original 10 houses built by employees of the Ebensburg Sand, Clay, and Stone Company that operated from 1920 to '26.
Located here is Red Mill Resort Cottage.
More Information on Red Mill
Red Mill: the good news
Map to Red Mill | Nanty Glo Home Page | Blacklick Township Page | Vintondale Page